Friday, August 9, 2013

News

Welcome to Second Grade 2013-2014! I am excited to get to know each of you.  I hope you all enjoyed the sun and were able to have lots of outdoor time!!  Before I jump into information about school, I thought I would tell you a little bit about my family and me.  I have been teaching for 29 years! Wowza, where did that time go?  I have been a kindergarten teacher, a first grade teacher and am now loving being in second grade.  I have been a cross country running coach and a basketball coach, but my passion is photography.  I tell  the kids on the first day of school that "every day is picture day" and mean it.
I have lived in Gray, Surry, Ellsworth and now Ilive in Westbrook with my husband, Jim and 3 children.  Well, actually only one of my children is living at home.  Greg, 16 is a junior at WHS. Kathryn, 21 is a junior at UNH and studying to be a dietitian.  Matt, 25 is living and working in Bethesda, MD as a Realtor for Lennar.  Kathryn and Greg are both competitive swimmers and swim for clubs and school teams all year long.  When I am not at a swim meet you can find me outdoors doing just about everything.  I enjoy  walking, hiking, water sports and I love taking pictures.  Very soon I will be asking for your permission and hoping you'll allow me to post images of your child, their work and words they have to say, here on this blog.  It will be a great way for you to stay "in the loop" and be able to see first hand what your child is up to during the time we spend together at school. This will also be one place you can refer to for information.  Look here for pictures and updates for your second grader!!  Have a wonderful rest to your summer and I anxiously wait to see you all on Tuesday, September 3rd.
Mrs. Violette

No comments:

Post a Comment